Sunday, April 11, 2010

Santa Claus

This year for our annual ward Christmas party the activities committee decided a breakfast would be fun. So we headed out Saturday to enjoy french toast, fruit and a hot chocolate bar. Mmmmm!! Everything was yummy, especially the hot chocolate. When Santa Claus came all the kids, especially Lillian, were so excited. One of the members in our ward dressed up as Santa (Bro. Merket).  Lillian hurried to get in line with the other kids, but was a little hesitant when it came to sitting on his lap. I wonder if it was because this years Santa wasn't as real looking as last year...can they really tell the difference at this age??? Oh well. The pictures aren't the best of her and Preston was more interested in the funny looking white stuff covering his face and why he could only just see this guy's nose, eyes. LOL The expression on his face his priceless and says it all. I think Lillian liked sitting in the Santa chair with Natalie Denkers more than Santa Claus. Silly girl!! The one picture I got of the two of them on his lap, Lillian's facial expression is not the best. She wanted to get down. I  could not figure her out. She kept running up to him, but every time he tried to pick her up onto his lap, she would whine or run away. Just as he was leaving she finally let him pick her up, but then she wouldn't smile. Arrrggghhhh!!! Instead she turns the corners of her mouth upwards so she doesn't look mad or sad!! Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing!

No comments: