(side note. So I realize I am months behind, life has gotten away from me. But I need to stay active with my "journal writing")
During the month of October we met a good friend and her daughter down at Irvine Railway and Park. They have a great pumpkin patch and loads of fun Halloween things to do with your kids. My friend's daughter is Lillian's age and the girls have so much fun together. They love getting together for play dates.
We ended up having to walk about a mile and half to get to the Pumpkin Patch because some genius decided that the Irvine Park would make a great place for a marathon for high school students. Hence, not only was there no parking in the park but you had to drive around the shopping center for a while to even get a parking spot. Tandy and her sister parked on one of the streets nearby, but I wasn't sure if you were allowed to park on the streets. Thankfully I got lucky and someone was leaving!! Anyway it took us about a half an hour or a little less to walk, and when I say walk I mean I am pushing a double stroller DOWN the hill and in the street while my 2 children enjoy the ride. Well at least I can say I got my exercise because the walk back was WAY more fun!!! Lillian had a blast!! I could barely get her to stand still long enough for me to get a picture, which is why there are only 2 and one isn't that good because she wouldn't smile. But trust me she was all giggles and smiles. Preston on the other hand, was as curious as little boys are. After I sat him down on the straw covered ground and gave him a little pumpkin to play with, he, instead, picked up the straw and tried to eat it. Good grief!!! I had to point out the pumpkin and then that became for interesting than the straw. He was so fascinated with the pumpkin, I think because it reminded him of a ball and this kid LOVES balls!!! I almost bought the pumpkin because it was the perfect size for him, but thought better of it since I would be the one lugging it back up that hill!! We spent a couple of hours there visiting, riding the train, having lunch, playing in the bounce house, etc. The kids both had fun and were ready for their naps when we left!! :)



1 comment:
It looks like fun! Your kids are so dang cute! I heart that green dress:)
Post a Comment