Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One of Lillian's Favorite Places

I finally got around to using these free passes that I had for the Santa Ana Zoo. My mom and I took Lillian there on Saturday. She loves animals and always has so much fun at the zoo. One of the animals that she likes is the Llama's. In the picture below she is actually pointing and saying "Llama". We actually had to go back and see them after we had been through most of the zoo. She couldn't seem to get enough of them. (Good Grief!)
Here we are looking at a mommy monkey and her baby that is hanging onto her back. I thought it was pretty cool, especially since I have never seen that before. Lillian, of course is always interested in "babies" and found them very interesting.

My mom got Lillian and I a ticket to ride on the elephant. Man that was an experience. I have never been on one before. With every step my body would get swayed back and forth. Thankfully it was a short ride. We both enjoyed it, and Lillian wanted to go back on it again. She loved watching the elephant and the ride was just the cherry on top.


We went over to the farm area and Lillian loved looking at these very friendly geese. She wanted to pet them, but we told her no because they might bite her. Then she was afraid to get to close to them. I kept trying to get her to stand next to them in front of the fence and she would stay there for just a moment and then turn around to make sure the goose wasn't going to bite her. So I had to settle for her standing and staring and talking to it. Oh well, it was better than nothing.

Here she is with the big pigs. She was talking to them and trying to get their attention but they were too interested in their food. Go figure!
Waiting for the train to start. She could hardly wait to go on the train. She was so excited when she discovered it and kept bugging us to take her for a ride.
Lillian had to sit on Grandma's lap because she wouldn't sit down while we were waiting for the train to leave. (One of the many reason's why we call her "Monkey")
And were off. She had a great time riding on the train, except when we were going through the tunnel and the conductor told everyone to make some noise. Brilliant idea, dude! (NOT) Hence the picture below where she is huddle up to Grandma. I think it scared her just a little. But once we were through she was fine. Thankfully it was a short tunnel. Anyway, we had a great time and I couldn't believe that she walk around the whole time. We were there for 2 hours and she never complained once or wanted to be held. What a big girl she is!

No comments: