Trick or Treating this year was a lot of fun and I am sure as Lillian gets older it will be even better. I wish she would have gone down for a nap sooner, so she could have had a longer nap, but oh well. So she was already pretty tired after a Birthday/Halloween party. We were still, however, able to go up and down three streets to all the houses that were passing out candy. When we first started out, she was a little shy about going up to these strangers and asking for candy but that quickly changed. Before long she would run up the pathway and sometimes knock on the door before I could ring the door bell. Then after each house she would proceed to scrumage around in her pumpkin till she thought she had found the right candy/candies, (once she had a good amount in her pumpkin, she never did find the right candy:), and proceeded to smell it. We thought it was so funny because she didn't actually want to eat it just smell it. Towards the end she actually sat down in the middle of the sidewalk to look at her candy or should I say smell her candy. So Daddy carried her for a few minutes and then Mommy carried her. After that she was able to go to the last few houses and then Grandma Anne carried her home. The entire way home she kept digging into her pumpkin and grabbing candy to smell. Then when we got home she dumped the candy out of her two pumpkins and had to smell, not eat like most kids, every single piece. What a riot! Hopefully next year we can get her to Trick or Treat. The only things she would say was Thank you and Happy Halloween, which I guess isn't terrible because she
was still being polite.






1 comment:
I've just caught up with all your posts. Lillian is so cute. It was so funny watching her at the Halloween party giving love to everyone.
Post a Comment