Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Birthday

Once again it's that time of year. My favorite season, holiday, oh yeah and my birthday.  My mom and I love decorating cakes, especially around the holidays. This year was no different, I wanted a Halloween themed cake, of course. After a little deliberation I finally decided on a graveyard decoration. The cake was cherry chip, my new second favorite flavor of cake. The cake turned out really cute, and tasted even better. Lillian and grandma helped me decorate the cake. We went to Olive Garden, my favorite restaurant, for dinner. I couldn't decide so I got my usual, Chicken Alfredo Pizza and the Chicken Gnocchi Soup.....double yummy!! My parents and us really enjoyed dinner! The kids ate well too, even Preston who is not much of a pasta lover.  Not sure how he is related to me...since I LOVE pasta but oh well. Lillian absolutely loved the fettuccine alfredo, I think almost more that mac and cheese. Now there's a girl just like her mother, LOL, and yes when I was a little girl, I used to request, home made mind you, mac and cheese for my birthday dinner. Mmmmmm just thinking about it makes me want some now. :-D Anyway, now-a-days, I still love mac and cheese, but my favorite is fettuccine alfredo.
After dinner we headed back to my parents place to decorate the cake I had made in the morning. Traffic was still bad anyway, being a Friday, and neither Brandon nor I were in a big hurry to sit in it. It was a wonderful birthday, and I really loved being able to spend the time with my family. Thanks for a great evening!!

 Use your imagination!! My birthday cake.
 One of two movies my loving hubby got me. He also got me a little rechargeable hand held vacuum. (Something I asked for, so that Lillian and Preston can help clean up their mess after eating).
 Of course, no one can open presents without my little "helper." Where ever there are gifts to be opened a little Lillian isn't far away. :-D
My parents got me a http://www.pamperedchef.com/ pizza stone, which I had asked for. With a growing family one pizza isn't enough, okay most of it my hubby eats, but think down the road. LOL So anyway, I needed another stone so I can cook 2 pizza's at one time. That's actually what was in the big box, the pizza stone box, (see my lap). My parents also got me this little recipe collection from Pampered Chef. It was one you downloaded and printed off. He printed them off at work on their color laser, they look beautiful.   (Note to self, must get myself a color laser printer.)
 My little boy waiting for cake and ice cream. Rocky Road ice cream and cherry chip cake.....yummy!!
Lillian wanted to pose for the camera, so that's what these last two are of. She loves taking pictures and then asks if she can see the picture. She will continue this routine till you tell her no more. LOL

1 comment:

Brian and Beth said...

Two pizzas at once is pretty cool! Happy Birthday!