Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lillian's Birthday Party

So we had a little birthday party for Lillian on Saturday. She had a great time, as usual. For a birthday cake, I had given her 3 options, a kitty, a duck or 2 cars, she chose the kitty. So here it is. It was chocolate, of course because Lillian loves it. I actually made the frosting from scratch this time and it turned out really good. Usually frosting is too sweet, but I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and it was just right.
Singing Happy Birthday to Lillian!
Getting ready to blow out the candle!
Blowing out the candle, without any help. We were surprised she did it. What a big girl she is getting to be. She impresses us everyday with some new talent!
Digging in to the cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream. I am not sure which she loved more.
What a messy girl she is. But, as you can see, she loves it.
"That was really yummy ice cream and cake, mommy!"
"But I think I am getting full."
"More presents? Alright! I love presents!"
"What's this, Mommy!... A stroller for my baby doll! Cool! Hurry up and open it!"
"Ooo! A very special stroller just for me. I can hardly wait to use it!"
"Oops, I forgot to bring my baby doll. But oh what fun it is to push this around."
Another present for Lillian. Ooo, she can hardly wait. What is it mommy?
It's a book. A Halloween story called the Five Spooky Ghosts.
Lillian loves books. "Mommy, I can hardly wait to read this!"

No comments: