Thursday, September 30, 2010

Preston is ONE YEAR OLD

(So I have been a little busy the last 6 months, and I am just getting back into things. Hoping to completely update my blog. Stay posted.)
We had a birthday party with just the family for Mr. P on January 8th, his Birthday. I can hardly believe that a year has gone by since I gave birth to my little man. But he is such a joy. I love him and can't get enough of him. He is such a boy!! With Lillian she took a little longer with some of her motor skills, like most girls do. Preston on the other hand is so different. If the activity involves being active, then he has it down. One of his absolute favorite things to play with are balls. Doesn't matter the size, he loves them and he has quite the throwing arm. About a month or little more before he turned one, he discovered balls and now you can't take them from him. He will throw a ball to you and then you throw it back and he will go and get it. He just loves chasing after the ball. Anyway, we gathered mine and Brandon's siblings and parents together to enjoy cake, ice cream and of course presents. Preston wasn't quite sure what to make of the nicely decorated bags and boxes, but he sure did enjoy them once they were opened. He got some much needed clothes and some really fun toys. My parents got Lillian a little something too, so she wouldn't feel left out. They got her those punching balloons that you blow up and have a long rubber band attached to it. As it turns out both the kids loved them. I think Preston might have enjoyed them a little more. He was more interested in playing with the balloon then anything else including have his cake!! So when we put him in his high chair for cake he was a little upset. Thankfully once he saw it he changed his mind. Albertsons made the cakes, one for  Mr. P and then a bigger one for us. His cake was actually included because it was a 1st birthday cake order. I thought that was pretty cool. I had originally just planed on giving him the top layer on the cake, (see pic.).  Needless to say we had LOTS of cake leftover. LOL. Everyone had a good time, especially the kids. Sorry for the picture overload, but it was his first birthday!! ;)


 "Okay mommy it's a nice box, so what!!! Lets move onto something more interesting."

 Getting the hang of opening presents.
 Super heros t-shirt from Aunt Heather and Uncle Jared.
 Einstein baby video's from Aunt Heather and Uncle Jared.
 The punching balloons!!! She was excited too!!

 I think the bow was more interesting than the box... LOL
 "Ohhh there's something in here...cool"


 "what's all this white paper for, lets get to the good stuff"

 Ooooo Mommy open it, PLEASE!!!


 books from Grandma and Grandpa Case. yeah!!! (and money for his mission account too)

 Preston trying out his new ball toy.
 I fell in love with this cake. I thought it was so stinkin cute even though it was way more than we needed.


 The infamous punching balloons, that were more interesting than the cake!!!


 "Where are my balloons!!!!! I don't want my birthday cake!!!" My poor sad baby, life's so hard!! :)
 Still not happy about the balloons being taken away. Singing Happy Birthday to him anyway.
 I believe Lillian helped him blow out his candle....LOL Oh well, maybe next time.
 "oh okay...if you are going to actually give me the whole cake, maybe I will give it a try!"


 "Mmmmmm this IS really good!!!"


 Yes I know it's huge...That was the baby's cake!! Can you believe it!?!?


 "Okay back to the balloons"
Grandma and Grandpa....the bringers of the punching balloons. Hahaha!!! Well as it turns out it was a good thing because that night after everyone had left Preston took his first steps holding onto the balloons and he never stopped!!! Happy Birthday my little Prestonman!!!!

1 comment:

Brian and Beth said...

Oh my! I heart that present cake! It is so precious!