Saturday, July 25, 2009

Zing Zang Zoom

Last weekend we went to see Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey "Zing Zang Zoom" circus performance at the Honda Center. It was so much fun!!! I have never really been to the circus before, so this was a real treat. I have to say thanks to my friend Aracely who got me a sweet deal on some terrific seats!! Love your website, Aracely!!
Anyway, I wasn't sure if Lillian was going to enjoy it and what she would get out of it since I didn't know what to expect. She loved everything that had the animals involved. So when the elephants, tigers, horses and zebras came out she got real excited. She was really entertained watching them. With the rest of the acts she seemed less interested in. We would try and show her things and she would look for a few minutes but then she would start getting squirmy and disinterested. Preston seemed fascinated with all the lights and for a while he sat happily contented on daddy's and then mommy's lap. He eventually fell asleep after mommy had to feed him, though. All in all I would say we had a wonderful time. I loved it!! The acrobats were absolutely amazing. It was a great experience, one I will not soon forget!!
As for the pictures.....well...we took some on the phone camera since my other camera's flash is acting up. Some turned out while others didn't. Not sure if anyone other than myself can really make anything out, but oh well. I also took a video of these acrobats swinging from the ceiling using some kind of sturdy cloth. It was soooo cool. Anyway on the video, there is actually 2 sets of couples swinging from this cloth (one on the far end and one closest to us) and in the middle there was a woman climbing and rolling down another sturdy cloth. The couple that was closest to us is the one I hope you will be able to make out. Eventually the man is holding her by this rope or something around her neck as she is twirling around on it. So stinking cool!! Well I hope you can make out some of the stuff on the pictures and the video, if I can get it to load. If not well then maybe you should go to the circus next year!!!!

Preston chillin with Daddy watching the clowns. They were pretty funny!!
Lillian smiling for the camera!! Below are the 11 or 12 elephants that came out holding each others tails!! Lillian loved watching them perform, in fact after the show that is the stuffed animal she wanted to get too!
Dancers just before they are about to perform!! So cool!!

2 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Wasn't it amazing? Oh man my kids were mesmerized! I'm so glad you guys are having a great time exploring! It's so fun reading about your adventures!

By the way I'm so glad you were able to use the discount! It's a great deal!!

Brian and Beth said...

Lillian looks so happy!