Christmas morning arrived with excited antsy children. They both started getting into their stockings before we got up and had to put them back so we could get the camera out. LOL yes I know mean mom but hey that's what my mom did too!! We took mostly video's of the kids opening their stockings and presents. In the past I have never been able to upload them on here. These one's are probably pretty big so I am not going to bother. I will however post pictures of the kids opening the stuff brought by Grandma Anne and Grandpa Mickelsen.
It's weird that I can remember so much about other events that occurred in December, but as for Christmas I can't. I know the kids were SO excited when they opened their gifts. I remember that Lillian takes after her father, for the most part although she is getting better, and just opens the presents, looks at them for a couple of minutes and then moves on to the next. This year she did pause on some of the more let's say exciting ones and want to completely take them out of their packaging. I also know that she got a lot of new clothes because she needed them. Now for Preston he takes after more of me in the sense that he opens one present completely and then proceeds to play with the toy until we can direct him over to the next gift!! It was so cute and annoying all at once. It literally took us until early afternoon before we were done and no we didn't start at the crack of dawn either. We had breakfast and got dressed, after opening our stockings, then proceeded to open the gifts under the tree. But still it was more than 2 hours!!
After opening the gifts from my parents the kids played with all of their new toys and Mom and I got started on dinner. Yum!! My brother, Scott, his wife Jen and their new baby girl, just 5 weeks older than Emmaline, Holly joined us sometime late afternoon for a few hours. We finished prepping dinner and played a couple rounds of a new game I got called Quirkle!! Such a fun game!! I have to admit the ONE thing I miss from being a young adult at home was the games. My family and I love playing games. Brandon on the other hand does not love it as much as I do, especially when it comes to board games. Although he has gotten a little better over the years. We have gotten the kids many games which they love playing but after awhile I want to play a grown up game! LOL
Dinner was delicious as always!! Ham, sour cream potatoes (my fav), vege's, rolls and I can't remember any more!! :) It was a wonderful Christmas and we all had a very pleasant time!!
I believe chocolate muffins was on the breakfast menu!! At least that's what it looks like from Preston's face.
I'm not sure was really awake yet!! LOL
Emmaline Grace Case
Lillian showing us what she got from Grandma Anne and Grandpa Mickelsen
Oooooo Snow White music!!
um seriously bad picture of me!!
She was elated when she opened this. She has been bugging us and bugging us to get her a pillow pet. Even though she has one that I received at her baby shower. She wanted the Ladybug. So now Preston has the Lamb one and loves it.
She's totally excited, can you tell?!?!?
April - August 2026
2 weeks ago





1 comment:
Thanks for all the posts! I heart your blog. My daughter Lilette also loves ladybugs and my mom (Grammy) gave her a ladybug pillow pet a couple of years ago and she still uses it. I think they are to fun!
Post a Comment