Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our newest cousin!!

On Wednesday November 3rd, my brother, Scott and his wife Jen, welcomed their first child into the world. She was born at 12:46pm, weighing 7lbs 13 ounces and 20 inches long. She was exactly 2 weeks early. Her name is Holly Mickelsen. No middle name, since Jen doesn't have one either. I went to see her on my way home from work that day. The kids saw her later, when she was a week old. Brandon didn't get to see her till she was 2 1/2 weeks old. Anyway, here are a few pictures of her taken that night. My parents arrived a short time later too see their third grand baby!! I think my dad was really excited to be a grandpa again.
Scott and Jen as of that night had still not decided on a name for their little girl, although they had narrowed it down to three. They weren't expecting her this early! By the next afternoon, though, they had decided on the name. Below Grandma Anne is holding her.

I took the kids over when Holly was a week old so they could see her. Lillian was super excited to see Holly and of course Uncle Scott and Aunt Jen!! Preston seemed somewhat interested but once he found the ball that became more important. Lillian played with Scott for a few minutes and then she wanted to hold Holly.  Preston came over and wanted to see Holly too. I decided that was the perfect opportunity to get a picture. I believe it was the only one we were able to take before Preston wanted down. Thankfully it turned out pretty good!!






 I am sure, Jen would think this was an awful picture of her. But I am going to blame it on the florescent lighting!!
 
 Proud Auntie!!
 Talking to her a little. I got to change her diaper and put a little top on her because the nurse came in and wanted her to try nursing.
 Scott took this picture of his wife pretending to eat the rest of her dinner.
Mommy holding baby Holly. Congrats, you two!!

1 comment:

Brian and Beth said...

Congratulations! I LOVE the name Holly! She is beautiful. What a blessing indeed!