Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kristy turns 30!!

So a month ago I turned the big 30!!! Wow!!! I can't believe it!!! My family typically gets together for everyone's birthday and either goes out to eat or we make something special and then of course there is cake and ice cream. On my actual birthday Brandon took me and the kiddos to California Pizza Kitchen. I love their food!! It's so yummy!! After, we went over to Macy's because I needed a new purse, (mine had just died when I got home). I love my purse!! I think it is the first one that actually works the best for me. I am usually a small purse kind of gal, if they are too big they get used as a storage container for everyone's stuff. However, this time I wanted to try a little bigger one, plus it is really cute!! What I love about it, is that there aren't any section dividers or big pockets to take up space inside. You open it up and there is one place to put everything inside. There are two small pockets on the inside, one I use for my phone and the other for misc. stuff. There is a place for my makeup too and then on the outside I have a place for my keys. That is another plus!! I have never had a good place to put my keys, subsequently I would be rummaging for them at the bottom of my purse. So annoying!!! Anyway, it is a great purse (and temporary diaper bag for short trips) and I hope it lasts me for a while.
My parents, the next night, took me out the next night. This time I decided on Mimi's!!! Yummy!!! I love this time of year, everyone does their pumpkin flavored treats!!! Mimi's had this pumpkin bread that tasted soooo good. Mmmmm!!! Thanks Mom and Dad!! Dinner was great!!
Monday night my brother and his wife came over to my parents house for cake and ice cream. I wanted something different and a little healthier so we did a pudding cake (cake then pudding for the frosting). My mom and Scott decorated it like a graveyard. (Halloween is THE best holiday, but then maybe I am a little partial) LOL
Since I was 30 I thought I should celebrate a little more. So on the 17th we got together with some great friends and my friends Katrina and Matt Fritter's house to play games and have some yummy snacks. I had a great time!! It was so nice to get out and play some grown up games and not have to worry about the kids coming and messing it up!! Thanks Tandy, Kristen, Josh, Katrina and Matt and, (of course), my hubby, Brandon for coming !! You made my birthday very special!! Sorry I don't have the pictures, they were taken on someone else's camera.
Lillian and I waiting for our food. Sorry it's blurry but my camera was still getting fixed so it was taken with the blackberry camera and well you can't move when taking a picture. As you can see Lillian moved her arm. My little monkey is getting so big and she is so pretty and I swear sometimes she looks just like me!!

Daddy and Preston and yup he moved too. Oh well still cute!! My little baby is sooo stinkin cute!! I just love him. I love his smile and to see him laugh!!
Mom decorating my birthday cake.....Mmmmm looking yummy. Lillian in the foreground trying to help herself to the goodies on the cake.
The finished product!!
A closer shot of the cake!! It reads, Happy Birthday Kristy, if you had a hard time reading it. Mom isn't as good at the writing as I am. But who cares, it looked and tasted great!! Thanks Mom!! The cookies and Ande's Mints are the gravestones and there was crumbled oreo's for the "dirt". There were ghosts and pumpkins too!!

1 comment:

Brian and Beth said...

Happy, happy birthday Kristy dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish that wish would be a happy, happy birthday to you from me!!!